NZACH Code of Conduct
Please ensure you read and accept the code of conduct prior to applying for membership.
This code reflects the purpose and context of each members activity to;
- Practice within their scope of practice with integrity and recognise their responsibility to clients, client’s dogs and society in general. Their actions should never knowingly cause psychological or physical distress or damage to any of these.
- Ensuring animal welfare is of primary importance for patients committed to your care and all animals should be treated humanely and with respect.
- Foster & maintain professional relationships with clients and not exploit such relationships for improper personal, professional or financial gain, nor seek inappropriately to impose their own values on clients.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of information acquired in a professional capacity.
- Foster & endeavor to maintain good relationships with the veterinary industry and other professional colleagues and work as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Maintain professionalism at all times and uphold the reputation of canine hydrotherapy and NZACH.
- Responsible for complying with registration requirements and for continuing their personal and professional development by undertaking further training, study and acquiring knowledge of new theory and practice.
- Respond promptly, fully and courteously to complaints and criticism.
- Members are required to work within the legal framework in NZ and observe relevant legislation.